Thursday, April 7, 2011

One year ago today...

One year ago today, I was still pregnant...very pregnant.  I had been on bed rest for a week now and going for fetal monitoring every other day to make sure our little one was okay.  My appointment was at on Thursday.  Keith was getting our taxes done (nothing like waiting til the last minute) and my parents were VERY worried me about going to the doctor by myself. I assured them it would be fine, considering the day before everything was great and I had made no progress.  Against my will, my mom went with me to the appointment anyways.  I now really believe that mom's DO know best after all :)

They hooked up all the wires to my stomach and we waited for our little one to do his thing.  I noticed that the needles weren't doing much moving, but didn't think much of it.  Thirty minutes later, the nurse comes back and I'm thinking she's going to unhook me and send me on my merry way, but I was wrong!  She had me drink some caffine and we waited longer.  I started to get a little nervous. For those of you who don't know, I had been battling high blood pressure for quite sometime, had severe swelling, and had been taken out of work.  My amniotic fluid was also very low.  The next person to come through the door was Dr. Plyler.  He explained that although I was not favorable for induction, it was no longer safe for our baby to wait any longer and before I knew it, I was on my way over to labor and delivery!  I know Keith was shocked when I called to tell him to go home and get our bags because we were having a baby! 

It was a long delivery and although I was not favorable for induction, it worked! 24 hours later, we were holding our sweet baby boy!  The moment that Dr. Plyler announced, "It's a boy!", was one of the most exciting moments of my life.
 
Since then, our lives have been forever changed.  Griffin Patrick Ancone is our everything!  He has brought so much joy to our lives and I can't remember life before him.  I pray that God continues to watch over him as he grows and keeps him out of harms way.  We are truly blessed to have him in our lives and I am excited to watch him grow throughout the years!

3 comments:

  1. I cannot believe it's been a year! Happy first birthday, Griffin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Time sure does fly. I remember waiting and waiting to hear about the gender! We were all so anxious and excited about his arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remeber how worried your Mom was and how adament you were that you could do this your self!!! I told her to go meet you there, but I knew she was gonna be there no matter what I said.

    ReplyDelete